Foundations of Privacy and Data Protection
This live online, one day, comprehensive introductory course allows organizations to cultivate in-house privacy knowledge in operational areas with growing privacy responsibilities, such as marketing, human resources, technology and finance. The training provides a practical understanding of basic principles and is excellent preparation for advanced IAPP training and certification testing. It is the first step toward building the credentials needed to join the fast-growing privacy profession.
- Module 1: Key Privacy Concepts
- Module 2: Fair Information Practices (FIPs)
- Module 3: The Data Life Cycle
- Module 4: Models for Data Protection Legislation
- Module 5: Major Privacy and Data Protection Laws
- Module 6: Case Studies
- Module 7: Emerging Topics
Foundations Course Includes:
- Experienced instructor-led training
- Participant guide
- Review questions and a comprehensive assessment to check your mastery of the subject matter
Who Should Attend?
Foundations training is designed for two key groups:
- Professionals new to privacy with this fundamental knowledge of privacy principles, laws, and concepts
- Professional or teams working in “adjacent” areas within an organization who need a base understanding of privacy across functional groups (i.e., other teams within an org that touch privacy, such as HR, marketing, tech, etc.)
Virtual Instructor Led Training – Course runs for one full day (8hrs) or sometimes spread over four days (2hrs each day). Please do not hesitate to send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to offer suggestions for a different time slot and we will consider for our future training events.
Indy is the trainer for the Foundations course. Indy is a Cybersecurity and Privacy professional with over 17 years of experience leading several high performing teams and managing the execution of global, multi-year digital Cybersecurity and technology risk transformation programs across multiple industries and multiple geographies. He brings in a unique blend of experiences driving cybersecurity transformations with a deep focus in privacy. He has trained various teams and individuals in cybersecurity and privacy and holds various certifications including CISM, CISSP, CIPM, CRISC, CCSP, HCISPP, OpenFAIR, and several AWS certifications. He has also earned an executive CISO certificate from the Carnegie Mellon University's Heinz College and a postgraduate of the University of Edinburgh, UK.
Confirmation & Cancellation Policy
Participants will receive our email confirmation along with information of the course programme. If no seats are available for the applied date, you will be notified immediately and given an alternative date. Cyrvana reserves the right to change the course schedules, programmes and content without prior notice. We also reserve the right to cancel course due to unforeseen circumstances.
Request for withdrawal or postponement must be made in writing to Cyrvana Academy. Refunds arising from course withdrawal/deferment will be subjected to the following terms: More than two weeks before course commencement: Full refund. Less than two weeks before course commencement: 50% refund. On or after course commencement: No refund.